Thursday, October 11, 2007

Seriously, I am sick of coming across peoples blogs with calendars in the sidebar. What the hell are you trying to prove? Do you think people randomly surf the web unaware of the date?

I can see it now Cyborg Boy wakes up and screams, “Oh my God!” I have no idea what day it is I better go check out Fracas’ blog with the calendar, while I’m there I can catch up on her latest gossip. Oh boy!”

No, no, no this is not going to happen. Wake up and smell the gasoline. People get their daily fix of ‘the date’ from other sources. There’s the good old-fashioned calendar that they stick up on their refrigerator, they’re bound to check there before your blog. Then there’s the mass media, the daily newspaper or television, they’re bound to check there before your blog.

But hey lets just say someone doesn’t use any of those? Maybe then they’ll go check out your blog? So Mr. Whoeverthehell sits down at his computer is about to go to your blog to check out the date and then suddenly…

He realises that a calendar is a standard built in feature on his computer. Yes, that’s right, the very computer people use to go see your blog already has a calendar built in. So stop wasting space in your sidebar and get rid of that stupid calendar. Why not put something useful there like a slideshow of cats or half naked ladies.

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    I personally don't like to date my posts at all. Sure, the nature of my blog lends to that being a good idea, since I often go into current events, but I see it more as a way of creating timeless rants, more than daily reads.

    But otherwise, yes, 100% agreed.

    What's the date again?
    Anonymous said...
    The calendar is for me. It makes it easier for old people (like me) to find an older post when I need to link to it because the days are clickable and open up the posts from that day.

    You silly guy.

    I doubt anyone who has one up is expecting people to use it for the actual date, and I doubt most people even know what's in a blog's sidebar; you're way too observant.

    So.. I'm sure there are tons of idiots out there like me, with a calendar in their sidebar. Why choose mine to link? Did you just like Charlize? ;-)

Post a Comment