Saturday, December 1, 2007

coke

coke I have about a gram of coke in my sock draw. I didn't buy it. I'm not even a fan of the stuff. It's leftover from last year when Mr. Brick was here. “If you're going to party you have to do it right Mal!” the phrase seemed to excrete from him.

I don't even know how he organized the stuff. Sure in South Africa I could do it, I knew enough people - through connections. But here I don't know anyone who does the shit. Here I don't know anyone.

He came in one day with a big enough bag to get us arrested for dealing. Mr. Brick likes to throw his money around. A big bag of coke can bring you friends, however temporary they may be. It was a crazy week especially for Mr. Brick but that is another story.

There is nothing more pretentious than a bunch of people gathering round to snort a line out of a rolled up R10 note. The only time toilet stalls get crowded with out some form of penetration. People jammed in there like a market in Calcutta. Someone always grabs the left over packaging and licks it with the lust of fetish fulfilment. Hell sometimes they lick the note.

Then it's a matter of standing around, sniffing like a six year old with a bad cold. This and the fact that you are picking blood and residue out of your nose for days afterwards is why I don't sniff it if I can help it. People always laugh or comment when they see me mixing it in a little water and hitting it like a shot. But hey it does the same thing and you don't look like a coke head to the rest of the world.

I've never loved the high it gives you. I don't even know why I ever did that shit with such persistence. The first time was out of curiosity. I didn't love it. I didn't become some confident guy. Nothing spectacular happened. For someone like me who has a low tolerance for caffeine it had about the same impact as doing two Red Bulls in a row. One thing that changes – you drink and smoke like a 19th century playwright. If I ever had a life or death drinking contest I'd do some coke first. Also it seems to magically sober you up. I have no idea if it improves your motor skills but if you've had one of those nights where you are passing out and can barely say, “I'm going to vomit.” Some coke will sort you out.

The second time I tried it was pretty much the same. As was the third and so on. The next day I would always think, “What the fuck was the point of that? Paying over R200 for something that doesn't do much other than potentially make you spend more money.”

But for some reason there is a select group of guys - get us together, put five beers in each of us and it seems like the best idea in the world. We'd even meet up and before the first beer make half-empty promises like, “Hey – No coke tonight!” Then one of us would get that look in his eyes and the wall would fall. If I'm drunk with anyone else the thought doesn't even cross my mind. I guess it's a good thing we don't get together that much.

I have about a gram of coke in my sock draw. I don't want to use it. I don't want to throw it away. That just seems like a waste of money.

3 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    I flushed 2 grams of coke a couple weeks ago. i was on vacation and bought it just to do something different (ive done the drug less than 10 times over 10 years)... it ruined the night for me. i was constantly worrying about how i was gonna sneak off to do the next line. the guy sold me a 2.5 gram bag..way more than i needed. at 7am after lying in bed feeling like shit for 2 hours i decided im not gonna ruin the rest of my trip with the shit. yea it hurt flushing $90 down the drain.
    Anonymous said...
    Everywhere I go I got people offering me yayo. I know many women who love it and I know it could get me some ass I haven't gotten if I got involved with it.

    I think I would like it, just like I think I would like fucking on ecstasy.

    I love partying and I love fucking. I do not want to get to a point where partying and fucking is boring unless I got an onion or X.

    That is why I stay away from the shit.
    70steen said...
    Flush it ..... you know it makes sense !!!!

Post a Comment